Wednesday, August 28, 2013

This I Believe:


This I believe...


I believe my students can.
Can understand. 
Can learn.
Can achieve.
Can beat the odds.
Can surpass plateaus.
Can communicate.
Can reach for the stars.
And grab them.

I believe my students deserve:
Deserve a chance.
Deserve the presumption of competence.
Deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Deserve high expectations.
Deserve to spend time enjoying friendships.
Deserve to make mistakes.
Deserve to tease and be teased.
Deserve to be in their community.
Deserve a bad day.  And lots and lots of good ones.
Deserve a life that is more that yes, no and constant assessment.
Deserve a highly qualified teacher.
Deserve a say.
Deserve to be heard.
Deserve literacy.
Deserve health. 
Deserve joy.

I believe a difference can be made.
Through kindness.
Through connection.
Through dedication.
Through research and scholarship.
Through constant re-dedication to quality teaching.
Through entering that classroom every day and teaching like lives depend on it.
Because they do.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Is it original or quoted? Can I add it to my blog (with credit)?
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Original. It has been on the "About Me" page of my blog forever, but I figured most people haven't looked. You can report with a (cc)2010 Kate Ahern notice and a link back. K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It speaks loudly and clearly about what many of us believe!!! You are inspiring.

      Delete

Comments and respectful discussion are welcome and encouraged! No advertisements or spamming.

Contact Me at:

Contact Me at:

Visit our advertisers:

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation SpinLife.com, LLC Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Build-A-Bear HearthSong - Toys Outlet