Saturday, October 3, 2009

Because you asked...

I was forwarded these questions by a reader. So I thought I would answer (most of) them.

The phone rings. Who will it to be?

My phone doesn't ring much, but that txt is probably my dad.

When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Sometimes. I probably should shoot for always.

In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
If I don't know anyone I am quiet, but if I know people I am quite verbose.

Do you take compliments well?
Not always. Ok, fine, not usually.

Do you play Sudoku?
Nope. It involves numbers, linear thinking and problem solving. Someone hand me my colored pencils.

If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
For maybe a day or two.

Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Oh, yeah. Girl scout camp, basketball camp, tennis camp, student leadership camp, community service camp, swim camp, theater camp and probably some others. My parents worked, I had to go somewhere.

What was your favorite game as a kid?
I wasn't much of a game player, I was more likely to read, draw, do crafts or in the summer time swim.

Use three words to describe yourself?

caring, sensitive, committed

Do any songs make you cry?

Depends on the context, Little Girl Blue covered by Janis Joplin, For Good from Wicked, In the Arms of an Angel by Sarah McLaughlin

Are you continuing your education?
At some point I would like to pursue my doctorate, but I find the idea of leaving the classroom unbearable.

Do you know how to shoot a gun?
No, and that is one constitutional right I intend to never use.

Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Yes, usually during Community Based Instruction with students!

How often do you read books?
I am never NOT in the middle of a book.

Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Probably a pretty equal division.

What is your favorite children’s book?
As a little girl I loved Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs! The illustrations fascinated me. As a 'tween I loved The Girl with the Silver Eyes, I really wanted to be able to move things by thinking about it.

What color are your eyes?
green, one has a freckle in the iris

How tall are you?
six feet!

Where is your dream house located?
Near the ocean.

If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
As long as all the people and my beloved cat are safe I don't need anything material.

When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
I've only been once when I was out of state to go to a wake. It was maybe 2 and a half years ago.

Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
I went south to Methuen, Mass (maybe 10 miles) to go to the bank and then North to Plaistow, NH (about 5 miles) to buy some laminating pouches, but they didn't have the ones I like.

Do you like mustard?
Love it.

Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Does that have to be a choice? Can I do both? I mean not at once.

Do you look like your mom or dad?
My sister. We are both a nice blend of both sides of the family.

How long does it take you in the shower?
3 minutes. I don't like to get up early enough for anything longer!

Can you do the splits?
Never could.

What movie do you want to see right now?
Whip It. I love Drew Barrymore. We have the same birthday.

What did you do for New Year’s?
I went to bed.

Do you think The Grudge was scary?
No idea what The Grudge is.

Do you own a camera phone?
My Blackberry takes pictures, but not very good ones.

Was your mom a cheerleader?
That is soooooo funny!

What’s the last letter of your middle name?
E

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
I aim for 8. I get 6-7.

Do you like Care Bears?
Not really, but I was a little girl in the 80's so it was basically required.

What do you buy at the movies?
Popcorn and Diet Coke.

Do you know how to play poker?
No, don't like playing cards, I like to knit and watch others play.

Do you wear your seat belt?
Always

What do you wear to sleep?
yoga pants and a v-neck

Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
Original home invented Chelmsford Ginger Ale. Current Home Town was the birthplace of John Greenleaf Whitter (the writer) and had the first Macy's.

How many meals do you eat a day?
Usually 2.

Is your tongue pierced?
Once upon a time it was. Actually twice upon a time. But not anymore.

Do you always read MySpace bulletins?
Nope.

Do you like funny or serious people better?
Both, I have room in my life for all sorts of people.

Ever been to L.A.?
Never, not even a lay over.

Did you eat a cookie today?
Yup, chocolate chip. It was so-so.

Do you use cuss words in other languages?
Yes. In ASL, Spanish and Arabic. Though I am fluent in none of those languages.

Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
I pay. Mostly because I am lazy, it is more work to find them for free and deal with protecting from viruses and malware.

Do you hate chocolate?
What? Hate chocolate? Who on earth would ask such a think?

What do you and your parents fight about the most?
I don't really fight with my dad. On occassion we annoy each other and then we say, "I am finding ____ annoying perhaps you could ____ instead." I realize we are terribly boring. We can't help it.

Are you a gullible person?
Not generally.

Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
I love being unattached.

If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be?
Likely the one I have, but with a shorter commute.

Are you easy to get along with?
Isn't this question better asked to people who know me?

What is your favorite time of day?
About 8:30 AM on weekdays, when we are done with morning positioning and the posibilities of another great school day are in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and respectful discussion are welcome and encouraged! No advertisements or spamming.

Contact Me at:

Contact Me at:

Visit our advertisers:

Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation SpinLife.com, LLC Try Nick Jr. Boost FREE for 7 Days LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! Build-A-Bear HearthSong - Toys Outlet